Anne has been an equality and diversity professional since 1984. She has worked on numerous projects in over 75 different organisations spanning the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Examples of her work include:
• Working with senior managers on the development of equality and diversity strategies for Coopers and Lybrand, Orange and Nat West.
• Involvement with the implementation of BT’s diversity strategy – at the time this was the largest diversity programme in the UK.
• Mentored an equalities manager at the BBC and coached a manager at the Metro Centre – both went on to lead their teams.
• Working with the employment division of the Equal Opportunities Commission on sexual harassment.
• Member of the Equality & Diversity Forum working with the foremost policy-makers in the country
• Training of senior lawyers at the Commission for Racial Equality and the Discrimination Law Association.
• Co-facilitated with ACAS a master-class for the consultants who advise local authorities through the Employers Organisation for Local Government
• Co-authored Making Equality Simple with Mohammed Aziz, published by National Council of Voluntary Organisations.
• Developed modules that advise the equality and diversity managers at the organisations who are the leaders in diversity through the Guardian’s diversity conference and IRS equalities programme.
• Working with frontline staff training caretakers in Hackney and police officers at the Ministry of Defence and the Metropolitan.
• Trained councillors working with a mixture of Labour, Liberal and Conservative members at Cleveland County Council.
• Delivered training to implement Lambeth’s hate crime strategy to a mixture of faith organisations, voluntary and community groups as well as housing officers, legal and anti-social behaviour case workers.
• Run workshops on anti-racism in Berlin, Munich and Hamburg.
• Devised workshops that empower people from traditionally disadvantaged groups such as The Bangladeshi Women’s Association and the UK Coalition of People living with HIV and AIDS.
• Delivered the Institute of Leadership and Management programme on team leading for women’s groups, many of whom are returning to work after having children and/or speak English as a second language.
• Playing an important part in the government consultations on the Sexual Orientation Regulations 2003 and 2007 and the Civil Partnership Act 2005
• Written three training packs on LGB issues and employment including one produced commercially by BDP
• Training on LGBT issues in Wandsworth, Hackney, Merton, Newham and Cambridgeshire County Council.
• Research into improving anti-discrimination legal measures and outcomes by analysing tribunal decisions in the private sector in London. Funded by the Mayor’s Office, Greater London Authority.
• Recent experience of the Ambassadors programme – targeted recruitment for disabled and BME communities.
• Equality Impact Assessment for the Points based Immigration System.
• Audited NHS organisation for compliance with the equalities legislation.
In the last decade, Anne has worked as a consultant, management committee member and volunteer for a variety of the LGBT organisations in London, including: Stonewall (lobby and campaigning organisation); LAGER: PACE; Galop; Stonewall Housing Association; The Consortium; Kairos; Polari; The Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement; Spectrum (The Home Office LGBT group); GALIPS for the Prison Service and The Gay Police Association.